• Begins his fifth season as Brewers bench coach.....was named to his current position on 11/15/10
• Also served as a bench coach with Baltimore (1993), Boston (2003) and Cincinnati (2004-05)
• Was third base coach with Baltimore (1994) and Texas (1995-2001).
• Has managed in the Major Leagues with Texas (2001-02) and Cincinnati (2005-07), posting a 291-341 (.460) career record
• Managed in the farm system with Baltimore at Class A Frederick (1989), Double-A Hagerstown (1990-91) and Triple-A Rochester (1992), going 291-269 (.520).
• Played eight seasons in the Major Leagues with New York-AL (1979), Seattle (1980-81, '87) and California (1983-86)
• The former catcher hit .211 with 21 HR and 96 RBI in 392 games
• His first Major League hit was a single off Hall of Famer Jim Palmer on 4/19/79 vs. Baltimore
• His first Major League homer was a solo shot off Hall of Famer Dennis Eckersley on 7/1/79 vs. Boston
• Was the Yankees' starting catcher on 8/3/79 vs. Baltimore, the day after Thurman Munson was killed in a plane crash.
• Is married.....wife's name is Donna
• Has four daughters, Callie, Caitlyn, Clare and Cara, and a son named Connor, who is an infielder in the Brewers organization
• Graduated from Goldsboro (NC) High School, where he played baseball, basketball and football
• Attended East Carolina University
• His brother, Johnny, was Brewers hitting coach from 2012-14
• His cousin, Sam Narron, pitched in the Brewers organization
• His uncle, Sam Narron, was a Major League catcher with St. Louis (1935, 1942-43) and a coach with Pittsburgh (1951-64)