PLAY BALL KID SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility. The Play Ball Kid Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to Arizona residents between the ages of six (6) and thirteen (13). Immediate family members of employees, partners, officers, and directors (and any person residing in their same households, whether or not related) of AZPB Limited Partnership (dba the "Arizona Diamondbacks"), General Motors LLC ("General Motors," or "Sponsor"), AZPB REM Limited Partnership, AZPB FM Limited Partnership, Sports & Entertainment Services, LLC, Maricopa County Stadium District, the MLB Entities (defined below), and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate or win a Prize. The "MLB Entities" shall mean the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball ("BOC"), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. ("MLBAM" or "MLB.com"), Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., the Major League Baseball Clubs ("Clubs"), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC, and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees, and agents of the foregoing entities.
2. How to Enter. NO MORE THAN ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON. MULTIPLE ENTRIES SHALL RESULT IN A FORFEIT OF ALL ENTRIES. The Sweepstakes begins at 8:00 a.m. (AZ) on April 2, 2017, and ends at 8:00 a.m. (AZ) on September 27, 2017 ("Sweepstakes Period"). The period of entry begins at 8:00 a.m. (AZ) on April 2, 2017, and ends at 8:00 a.m. (AZ) on September 14, 2017 ("Entry Period"). There are two (2) ways to enter during the Entry Period: at an interactive kiosk during Arizona Diamondbacks regular season home games or by mail. No other method of entry will be accepted.
A. Kiosk. Entries may be submitted by an entrant's parent/legal guardian at the interactive kiosks located on Chase Field's main concourse during Arizona Diamondbacks regular season home games through September 14, 2017.
B. Mail. An entrant's parent/legal guardian may also enter the Sweepstakes by printing "Play Ball Kid", his/her name, his/her child's date of birth, his/her child's name, address, city, state, zip code, e-mail address, and reachable day and evening telephone numbers on a 3 ½" x 5" postcard and mailing it to: Arizona Diamondbacks, 401 E. Jefferson St., Phoenix, AZ 85004. Postcard entries must be received by September 14, 2017.
No other method of entry will be accepted. Entrants expressly agree to assume all risks of lost, late, incomplete, illegible, damaged, stolen, undelivered and/or misdirected entries, or for any inaccurate information. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. All entry forms become the property of the Arizona Diamondbacks, will not be returned, and may be used for marketing and solicitation purposes by the Arizona Diamondbacks, dbacks.com, Sponsor, and MLB.com. Entrants to the Sweepstakes may be given the option to receive commercial e-mails and/or mobile text messages and updates from the Sponsor and Arizona Diamondbacks. Eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes is not dependent upon an entrant's consent to receive e-mails and/or mobile text messages and updates, and consenting to receive e-mails and/or mobile text messages and updates will not impact an entrant's chances of winning.
3. Drawing from Entries. Before each regular season homestand during the Sweepstakes Period, the Arizona Diamondbacks shall randomly select one (1) winner per game in which a prize will be awarded. Entries not selected will remain eligible for subsequent drawings through the Entry Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Arizona Diamondbacks will make two (2) attempts to notify the parent/legal guardian of each winning entrant ("Winner") by telephone, postal address, or e-mail (in the sole discretion of the Sponsor or Arizona Diamondbacks) within forty-eight (48) hours of selection. Each Winner will receive an Affidavit, Prize Claim, and Release ("Release") which must be executed by his/her parent/legal guardian and returned to the Arizona Diamondbacks no later than five (5) business days after his/her receipt of the Release. The Winner must participate in the game date selected. If a Winner does not claim the Prize for which he/she is selected within forty-eight (48) hours of the final attempted notification or does not timely deliver the Release, such Winner shall be deemed to have forfeited his/her entry and the Prize may or may not be awarded to an alternate Winner, as determined by the Arizona Diamondbacks in its sole discretion.
4. Prize. Up to sixty-seven (67) of the following prizes (each a "Prize") will be awarded: (i) the opportunity to yell "Play Ball" before a 2017 Arizona Diamondbacks regular season home game; (ii) one (1) Play Ball commemorative t-shirt; (iii) one (1) photograph commemorating the Prize redemption; and (iv) four (4) lower level tickets to such game. Estimated retail value of each Prize is $100.00. The Winner must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian.
5. Prize Policy. Entrants are not eligible to receive more than one (1) Prize. No substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of a Prize is permitted except in the Arizona Diamondbacks' sole discretion. The Arizona Diamondbacks reserve the right to substitute a Prize with a prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state, and local taxes associated with a Prize are the Winner's sole responsibility. A Prize will not be awarded to any person deemed by the Arizona Diamondbacks in its sole discretion as ineligible for any reason. In such event, the Prize shall be forfeited and may not be awarded, as determined by the Arizona Diamondbacks in its sole discretion. Any related travel and transportation costs are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Major League Baseball game, event, and exhibition dates and times are determined in the sole discretion of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball and/or the Arizona Diamondbacks, as applicable, and may be subject to change. The terms and conditions of the tickets awarded as part of any Prize will govern in the event a legal game, event, or exhibition, as defined by Major League Baseball, is not played due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance, or any other reason. Each Winner and his/her guest(s) agree to comply with all applicable ballpark regulations in connection with the Prize. Arizona Diamondbacks and the other applicable MLB Entities reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any Winner and/or guest(s) who engage(s) in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the game, event, or exhibition. Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage, or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any Major League Baseball game, event, or exhibition. Major League Baseball game, event, and exhibition tickets awarded as prizes may not be resold or offered for resale. Any such resale may result in disqualification and Prize forfeiture, and may invalidate the license granted by the game ticket(s).
6. Restrictions. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations. In the event any portion of these Official Rules is deemed invalid for any reason, such portion shall be severed from these Official Rules and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. Participating in the Sweepstakes constitutes acceptance of these Official Rules and the final decision of the Arizona Diamondbacks as the sole judge of the Sweepstakes. Should a Winner and/or parent/legal guardian make any false statement in connection with the Sweepstakes or is otherwise deemed ineligible, such Winner will be required to promptly return to the Arizona Diamondbacks, upon demand, his/her Prize. The Arizona Diamondbacks reserve the right to modify these Official Rules or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time without notice.
7. Limitation of Liability. Neither the Arizona Diamondbacks nor any of its affiliates are responsible for: (a) printing or typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials; (b) computer error; (c) transactions that are processed late, incorrectly, or are lost; (d) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (e) unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, the loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility, or unavailability of an e-mail account used in connection with the Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) is not capable of running as planned including, without limitation, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof), the Arizona Diamondbacks reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof).
8. Release of Liability. By entering into the Sweepstakes, each parent/legal guardian, on behalf of him/herself and his/her child, agrees to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, and (ii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Arizona Diamondbacks, General Motors, AZPB REM Limited Partnership, AZPB FM Limited Partnership, Sports & Entertainment Services, LLC, Maricopa County Stadium District, the MLB Entities, and their respective parent corporations, subsidiaries and affiliates, together with their owners, partners, employees, officers, directors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from and against any and all claims, demands, injuries, losses and liabilities arising out of the Sweepstakes or from the receipt or use of a Prize or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of a Prize. Each parent/legal guardian acknowledges and agrees on behalf of him/herself and his/her child that by entering the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, they accept all Prize conditions, and grant to the Arizona Diamondbacks, General Motors, and their respective designees the right to publicize such participant's name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and Prize information in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity without additional compensation or consideration, notification, or permission, unless prohibited by law.
9. Winners List. To receive a Winners list, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Play Ball Kid Winners List, Attn: Winners List, Arizona Diamondbacks, 401 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85004, between October 1, 2017 and November 1, 2017.
10. Governing Law. The Sweepstakes shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of Arizona without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. By participating, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be resolved in the courts of competent jurisdiction sitting in Phoenix, Arizona.